Monday, November 14, 2011

Stashbuster

My yarn stash has been of a thing of contention for me for a long time.  I vowed several years ago to use up what I had before I would buy anymore.  That only worked if I wasn't picky about what yarn I wanted to use for new projects.  Over the last couple years I've been able to dwindle my stash down by donating skeins, or deciding that 1/2 a ball of Red Heart really wasn't worth keeping.  I'm down to my last 5 skeins of nicer cheap acrylic yarn.  I've kept them because I liked them when I bought them and always thought I'd do something with them, but they've been sitting in my stash for quite some time.

My daughter's girl scout troop is hosting a Holiday Tot Shop, where little kids can come and buy presents for Mom & Dad.  So I thought what better way to get rid of my yarn than knitting hats for the sale and what doesn't sell will be donated to charity.  And then I'll finally be able to buy new yarn with out the quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment