Friday, February 17, 2012

Sweater update

I've been working on my sweater since Feb 4th.  I'm 10 inches in and now I'm nervous.  I took it off the needles last night to try it on and it looked humungous.  I tried it on the best I could and it seems ok, but when I compared it to another sweater I own, it's about 8 inches to wide and about 2 inches wider than the original pattern.  I know I redesigned to be a little wider than the original pattern, so I'm forging ahead with it and hoping it will all be ok in the end.  I'll know if it fits better once I get up to the armhole shapeing and chest.  If it ends up to big I'll have no choice but to rip it out, start over and follow the pattern.  Already I seeing things I should've done differently.  Like the button bands.  I thought to save time, I'd knit the button bands with the sweater (I really hate picking up stitches) but I don't think that's going to work so well.

On another note, I learned last night that drinking and knitting don't mix to well.  I accidentally dumped my drink in my knitting basket. Luckily nothing was damaged to bad and I didn't get any on the yarn. This is the second time I've done it.  Guess I'll have to be the designated knitter from now on.  Only water for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment