Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Jean Mulsin: Take 2.1

 I spend most of yesterday working on these.  I scooped out the back about a 1/2" and added to the back inseams which seem to help with the winkles some.  But now there's bagginess right under the butt and wrinkles in the front.  I'm going to rip them apart today and try adding to inseam again but this time extending it down to the knee.  I added mostly to the crotch point.  Also I'm thinking some of the winkles are coming from the sides being pulled up to far.  From the side view you can see the balance lines pulling up just a little, which is weird because it looks straight in the mirror.

I'm also thinking I might widen the pant leg a little, maybe give it more of boot cut.  I haven't made any changes to the leg width.  This is how how the pattern was designed.  Although I do like a tapered leg, I think this is a little much.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda, I just found your blog (I was looking for pants fitting resources) and wanted to offer my encouragement and empathy. I am on the same journey, even down to the SFD system (which I love). In fact, it was MY pants that were used in Glenda's tutorial that you linked to in an earlier post. I haven't sewn pants for a while now (I've been a little sidetracked with knitting) but I need to get back to it as it's getting quite cold here and I need some warm pants - and jeans, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly,
    Thanks for stopping by. I haven't had time to do anything since my last post. I bought SFD jeans instructions and looked them over but I haven't have time to do anything with it. I work long hours during the summer, but I'm looking forward to trying again this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you find the jeans instructions? I am tempted to buy them, but I was also wanting to use my SFD blueprint to adjust some commercial jeans patterns I already own. I thought I'd start there, seeing as though that's the cheapest option, then splash out if I wasn't having any luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The jean instructions seem fairly straight forward. I don't want to give to much away, the biggest thing is removing the waist darts. I found these instructions for drafting jeans from a trouser pattern but haven't tried it yet.
    http://www.leenas.com/English/draw_women_pant_styles.html

    ReplyDelete