Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Why I chose to fit good enough instead of perfectly

I finished my jeans.  And yes they don't fit perfectly; there's still some fit issues that I could work on, but you know what?  They're good enough.  I have the same fit issues in RTW and never noticed, so why should I let it bug me in what I make?  I've spent a lot of time looking at other people's backsides and noticed a lot of fit issues and nobody seems to notice.  Have you ever heard anybody (besides a seamstress/tailor) say "Look how those trousers don't fall from the hip correctly."  Or "You know...You have have smiles under the bum."  I never have.  Unless it's something really poorly fitted, who's going to care?

It's taken me 3 years to get here and I finally feel like I accomplished something.  I want to make myself some capris for summer and if I obsess over a few wrinkles; it's never going to happen.  I'm not saying I won't ever try to correct these issues, but right now I have a pattern that's wearable and I'm happy.
 



Side note:  I know I need to add a little extra room in waist and hips, and work on a contoured waistband and then they should be good

No comments:

Post a Comment