Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Regency Beauty Institute

My daughter started at Regency on August 29, 2016.  She was only one month into her education when Regency closed their doors.  She paid the school $7000 (of her own money) for her future tuition just a week before they closed.  Now it looks like that money is gone and this has discouraged her from wanting to continue her education in this field.

I've been scouring the web looking for answers and I'm finding them few and far between, so I'm sharing every little bit of information I can get my hands on with who ever wants it.  Some of this will only pertain to Minnesota students but I'll also post any national news I can find too. If you've been affected by this school closing or know someone who was, share your story and this post.  I'd love to hear what other information people are getting.  I'll be updating as information becomes available.

10-5-2016
This is the latest from the Dept of Education
https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/about/announcements/regency

10-4-2016
Got a phone call from the OHE stating there was only $10,000 to be divided up among the 450+ students in Minnesota.  Also if we are granted a loan discharge and then my daughter decides later to go back to cosmetology school, that loan will need to be paid off before she could receive any other financial aid.

10-4-2016
This information is from an email sent to me by the MN Office of Higher Education


"Our office has not been able to get confirmation from Regency that they will be refunding students. Our office will be submitting claims to $60,000 in bonds the state has with Regency if those refunds are not made. The only issue we anticipate is that there will be more refunds necessary than bond funds so student claims will end up getting pro-rated. This process for a refund will take several months."

9-29-2016
Press Release from the Minnesota Office of Higher Learning
http://www.ohe.state.mn.us/mPg.cfm?pageID=2215 

#regencybeautyinstitute

No comments:

Post a Comment