Saturday, January 7, 2012

Alison Tank-top

I'm really excited about this project, because for once something I designed from scratch is working out almost as I envisioned.  Usually my gauge is off or my measurements so the finished project is funky.

This one started the same way.  I did some fuzzy math and came up with way to many cast on stitches.  I was planning on this tank top having an hourglass shape, but after spending weeks knitting the lace part, I realized the hourglass wasn't going to work unless I wanted it to be a minidress.  Rather than rip it out, I decided to let it work to my advantige and let it be more of a baby doll tank.  Loose in the torso and tighter around the bust.  I had to do a little increasing for the bust because of the gauge difference.  As I knitted, I was worried that I had increased to much, but I had her try it on tonight and it fits perfectly.  Just another inch or 2 and I can start shaping the underarms and neckline.  Can't wait to see the finished project!

No comments:

Post a Comment