Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Learning Entrelac


For a long time I've drooled over entrelac patterns, but thought they were beyond me.  Basically you knit a series of triangles and squares and they all fit together to form your project.  When I first saw this, I thought each square was knit individually and then seamed together.  I loved the look but it wasn't something I wanted to take on because I hate seaming.  When I found out it was just picking up stitches I thought I can do that, but it still took me years to even try it.

I'm knitting dish clothes for a girl scout fundraiser and using this as an opportunity to learn new skills and try out the patterns I've been wanting to try for a long time.  Turns out entrelac isn't as hard as I thought it was, just takes some getting used to.

Garter stitch entrelac dishcloth

3 comments:

  1. Looks interesting - I'm going to have a go. Well, what else is there to do on a grey Thursday in January? More shopping?? No way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing this, I found your blog through a google images search. Love the colours in the top entrelac scarf! How did it turn out? Can you tell us which yarn you used/link to ravelry project page? Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done two entrelac cowls since then. See http://ravel.me/BH-CraftJunkie/zn and http://ravel.me/BH-CraftJunkie/zn2

    ReplyDelete