Sunday, September 9, 2012

Going green in more ways than one...


And I'm not talking about the color.

It wasn't my intention to go green with this sweater, but it just kind of happened that way.  The yarn is from Corney Goodness, a Minnesota company, specializing in hand dyed corn fiber yarn.  If you're not familiar with corn fiber yarns, it has the look and feel of cotton, but it's lighter weight, making it a perfect choice for summer knits.  The button, although it looks like wood is made from recycled plastic.

When I was planing this sweater I really had no idea what I wanted other than a circurlar yoke with one button and a wide neckline.  Using a very basic pattern I cast on and started knitting while I browsed though other patterns looking for inspiration.  I was about half way done with the body of the sweater when I finally found my pattern.  I decided to do Women's Eloise Eyelet Cardi with some mods. I had already started knitting in the round, so I didn't have to sew the seams, and needing a slightly larger size and I figured the eyelet yoke would be very easy to modify to my size.

There's only a few things I would change if I were to knit this again.  I thought I wanted 3/4 sleeves because I'm constantly pushing my sleeve up to my elbows, but I think they look a little odd, and I think I could of made the sleeves a little wider,  they're not uncomfortable they're just a little closer fitting than what I'm used to. For the most part I'd say this was a success, and I can't wait to wear it to an upcoming art festival and Hubby's class reunion, both coming up the end of September.

Up next: Fundraiser Knitting

No comments:

Post a Comment