Thursday, February 28, 2013

Taking a mental health break

These pants make me want to cry.  It seems like nothing I do is making them any better.  I've been getting help from lovely lady at Pattern Review, who's been very patient, but I think if she could react though the computer she'd strangle me.  We both made the comment that it would be much easier if we were actually in the same room.  I know how difficult and frustrating it is to try and diagnose and solve issues from a distance.  My mom calls me all the time with her computer problems, and it's usually an easy fix, but I can't see that until I actually get my hands on it.  Until then it drives me nuts trying to explain what I want her to do, when she doesn't understand what I'm telling her.  Which is kind of where we are with this pants pattern.

So I spend the morning playing on facebook, doing laundry, straighing up the kitchen...anything to avoid the sewing machine.  Then I thought maybe there was somebody at the local sewing machine dealer who could help me.  Turns out they couldn't, but while I was there I got to test drive a expensive Janome.  I'll never be able to afford it but it was fun trying it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment