Thursday, May 5, 2011

On the blocking table

This sweater started out as a shrug I knitted last summer.  I only wore it about 3 times and then put it away, because I really didn't like it.   This winter I decided to frog the shrug and knit something I've been thinking about for a while.  I knit this this pattern for my daughter a couple years ago.  Hers was knit in acrylic for easy care, but this one is 100% highland wool, and has me a little nervous.  I don't usually work with wool and I've never hand washed anything before.  I tried very hard to avoid stretching, but somehow it looks like it's gotten wider.  I'm hoping it will be ok.  I hate to think of all the work I put into it and then not have it fit.  I still have to find a button, I'm thinking of hitting the antique stores for something unique.

~Edited to add that I was able to put it in the dryer for about 20 minutes on delicate and get it shrink back down to size.

No comments:

Post a Comment