Friday, March 30, 2012

Finished Sweater!

Took a little longer than expected, but I finished my sweater  I started this project with some trepidation.  Although I've knitted several sweaters before, this was only my second attempt at making one for myself. I was worried it wouldn't fit, that I'd run out of yarn, that I wouldn't like it, or that I'd really mess something up.  But I have to say although there are a few elements in the sweater that I should of done different, I'm very pleased with the end result.

Knitting this sweater was definitely a learning experience, and I learned a lot.  I learned how to take measurements properly, how to knit set-in sleeve from the top down.  I learned that my perception of my size is larger than it should be (I could of gone done a size) and that I could probably benefit from some shaping for a better fit.  But most importantly I've learned how to re-size a pattern to fit my needs.  No more pattern lust!

2 comments:

  1. Your sweater is beautiful, it is a beautiful color for you too. I recently made a sweater for my fiance and made a few mistakes on the sleeves. I too have a tendency to make things larger than they need to be. But he folds them up into a cuff and then it fits great. Anyway, beautiful job. I, especially, love the cableing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Cyndy. I love it and I'm so happy I've been able to wear it a few times before I have to put it away for summer. I have another sweater I want to knit, but I'm still searching for the right yarn.

    ReplyDelete