Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Finding the perfect fit: The next chapter

So my Sure Fit kit came yesterday and I'm very excited to try it out.  But first I need to extend the measurements a little, because I'm slightly larger than the master pattern.  This shouldn't be a problem because Glenda has some videos on how to extend the master, and it looks fairly easy just a little time consuming.

I live in capri pants during the summer and with Fashion Bug closing, it's getting harder to find ones I like.  A few years ago I found the perfect pair of capris, and I should have bought all of them in my size, because I wore those pants just about everyday, until they finally wore out.  I'm hoping with this Sure Fit kit I can make my own perfect capris in a multitude of  colors.

Another thing I'm doing to find the perfect fit; and you can call me crazy, but I've decided to make myself a duct tape dress form.  I'm hoping to be able to use it to help me with fitting the sweaters I knit and  once I master pants maybe I'll venture into sewing tops for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment