Thursday, January 17, 2013

It worked



My first muslin using Sure Fit Designs
Last week I sat down and worked on extending my Sure Fit master pants pattern by a few sizes, and drew up my very first personal pattern.  Then I got busy toward the end of the week and didn't have time sew anything until this week.  I sewed these together on Tue and then realized I had cut the back pieces 2 inches to short so they didn't match up.  I got some more fabric today and fixed it.  Consider these a rough draft, there's no waistband and they're way to thin to actually wear, unless I used them for a lining, but I'm very happy.  I have a little tweaking to do.  I can't quite figure it out, but there's some funny shaping going on in the crotch (which you can't see, but I still want to fix it) and the legs feel a little wide, but other than that I think they fit great.  I can't wait to get started on a pair of capri pants for this summer.  I'm already bouncing around design ideas for future pairs of pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment